Family Nutrition and Seasonal Cooking
Sep 27, 2018
Episode #47 Colette chat with John Immel from Joyful Belly about the challenges of following the Ayurvedic principles while cooking for your family and leading a busy life. We discuss the following:
- Guidelines for eating your main meal at lunchtime
- Meal prepping tips
- Is it ok to use frozen foods and leftovers
- What if my child/partner doesn’t want to eat healthy?
- Cooking for your children and incorporating Ayurvedic spices
- What to do if your family/friends want to eat fast food
- Why eating seasonally is so important
- Apples are in season in the northern hemisphere
- The benefits of eating apples in autumn
- Apples qualities, tastes and effect on the doshas
- Grapefruits are in season in the southern hemisphere
- The benefits of eating grapefruits in spring
- Grapefruits qualities, tastes and effect on the doshas
Northern hemisphere: Apple Sauce with Ginger & Ghee
Southern hemisphere: Broiled Grapefruit with Cinnamon, Cloves & Honey
Want to study nutrition with Joyful Belly AND receive a $750 scholarship? Click on the link below to find out further info, register and receive this generous $750 scholarship for the Elements community…Masters of Ayurvedic Nutrition & Digestion with Joyful Belly.
Thanks for listening!
Discover and Understand Your Unique Mind/Body Type with this Free Introduction to Ayurveda eBook
Enter your info to receive the free eBook