Ayurvedic Herbs for the Heart
Sep 21, 2023
Colette focuses on Ayurvedic herbs with an affinity for the heart in this episode. The Ayurvedic texts consider the heart as the most vital organ as it’s the seat of the following:
- Three doshas - vata, pitta and kapha.
- Prana - the left side of the heart is the root of prana vaha srotas, the respiratory channel.
- Rasa vaha srotas - the root of this plasma channel is in the right chamber of the heart.
- Ten great vessels of the body - the main arteries carrying nutrition to the entire body.
- Ojas - our prime energy reserve of the body protecting our life.
- Mind - the heart is the root of mano vaha srotas, the mind channel which permeates the entire body.
She discusses the following herbs and fruits and details their energetics and benefits:
Thanks to Kerala Academy for sponsoring this episode. Visit keralaayurveda.store to explore a range of Ayurvedic herbs and formulations and use CODE: ELEMENTS10KA for 10% off your first order. Applicable on all Kerala Ayurveda products. One-time use only. Cannot be combined with other discounts.
Join the discounted group cleanse starting October 6th and enter the new season feeling light, clear and energetic!
Click here to learn more about the 7 day Ayurveda Rejuvenation Retreat with Dr. Sujatha in Bali, Indonesia - December 2023.
Visit Colette's website www.elementshealingandwellbeing.com
Have questions before you book? Book a FREE 15 min online Services Enquiry Call
Join the Elements of Ayurveda Community!
Stay connected on the Elements Instagram and Facebook pages.
Thanks for listening!
Discover and Understand Your Unique Mind/Body Type with this Free Introduction to Ayurveda eBook
Enter your info to receive the free eBook