Planetary Health with Patrick Hentschel
Sep 09, 2021
Patrick Hentschel is an educator and activist on climate and environmental issues. In this episode, Patrick and I discuss the health of our planet.
Ayurveda teaches us that we are a part of nature and therefore, planetary health should be considered an extension of our own health and wellbeing. We discuss the following:
- Where Patrick's passion for his work came from.
- Why are the people in power so slow to react to the climate crisis.
- The facts and stats on the current situation with
- food and water
- biodiversity loss
- air pollution
- Tips on what you can do to be a part of the change.
Patrick's corrections from show:
- I incorrectly stated that 50% of the world lives on $2 per day when in fact the statistic is closer to $5.50 per day. About 10% of the world lives on less than $2 per day.
- I misspoke when stating that the Industrial Revolution started in late 19th century. It actually had it’s start in the late 18th century (1700s).
- Please note that due to some big life events, I’ve put the Restorative Revolution podcast kick-off on temporary on hold. As such, my episode with Dr. Hanna Koch has not yet aired. Please subscribe and you will be notified as soon as new episodes go live! Visit Patrick's website restorativerevolution.org
Thank you to Banyan Botanicals for sponsoring this episode. To save 20% on your Cleanse Bundle and all my favourite Banyan Botanicals products, just visit
Seasonal Digestive Reset Cleansing with Colette:
- Group discounted cleanse starting October 1st, 2021
- Private cleanse - choose your own dates
Book an online 1-to-1 Consultation with Colette
Check out the self-paced Daily Habits for Holistic Health online program here.
Have questions on Colette's online services? Book a FREE 15 min Services Enquiry Call here.
Join the private Elements of Ayurveda Community.
Thanks for listening!
Discover and Understand Your Unique Mind/Body Type with this Free Introduction to Ayurveda eBook
Enter your info to receive the free eBook