Healing the Thyroid with Ayurveda by Dr. Marianne Teitelbaum
May 23, 2019
Episode #81 Dr. Marianne Teitelbaum undertook a 17-year one-on-one internship with Vaidya Rama Kant Mishra, an award-winning herbal formulator who hailed from a 5,000 -year-old family lineage of Raj Vaidyas, treating the royalty of India.
During her internship, Vaidya Mishra taught her how to treat practically every disease, making over 500 herbal formulas for all the problems they were treating together. Dr. Teitelbaum shares this wisdom in her first book, Healing the Thyroid with Ayurveda: Natural Treatments for Hashimoto’s, Hypothyroidism & Hyperthyroidism.
Colette discusses the following topics with Dr. Teitelbaum:
- How this 17 year internship manifested itself.
- The two typical types of thyroid cases witnessed in her practice.
- Thyroid and endocrine system 101.
- What is Hashimoto’s, Hypothyroidism & Hyperthyroidism?
- Why an individual approach is so important.
- How thyroid hormones are produced.
- What’s wrong with a vegan/raw food diet.
- What are the four types of ama.
- The intelligence of the prana in food and herbs.
- The importance of regular cleansing and daily self-care practices.
- The skin now classified as an endocrine organ!
- The correlation between the thyroid and the gallbladder.
- What nutrients to include in the diet to maintain a healthy thyroid.
Visit Dr. Marianne Teitelbaum’s website here.
Discover and Understand Your Unique Mind/Body Type with this Free Introduction to Ayurveda eBook
Enter your info to receive the free eBook