Ayurvedic Yoga Therapy and the Eight Limbs of Yoga with Kamalesh Ginger Hooven
Jun 16, 2022
Kamalesh Ginger Hooven is Provost of Mount Madonna Institute and she is the Director of the Ayurvedic Yoga Therapy program.
In our previous episode together #234 titled, Integrating Yoga Therapy and Ayurveda we discussed the three bodies, five sheaths, tanmatras and the internal limbs of Yoga.
In this episode we discuss the eight limbs of yoga in detail and how to tailor an Ayurvedic Yoga Therapy program to an individual.
We discuss the following:
- The eight limbs of Yoga:
- Yama - disciplines
- Niyama - positive observances
- Asana - preparing the body to take a seat in meditation
- Pranayama - breath control
- Pratyahara - sense withdrawal
- Dharana - focused concentration
- Dhyana - meditative absorption
- Samadhi - bliss or enlightenment
- Tailoring an Ayurvedic Yoga Therapy program keeping in mind the doshas, elements and the three principles of Ayurveda:
- every cause has an effect
- like increases like
- opposites decrease
For further information on the programs Kamalesh mentioned in this podcast, please visit Mount Madonna Institute
Thanks to the sponsors of this episode:
- Kerala Ayurveda Academy For $100 off tuition, use the Reference Code Elements100 when you join a first level certification
- Mount Madonna Institute Receive $100 off tuition when you register before December 31st, 2022 with discount code Elements22
Visit Colette's website www.elementshealingandwellbeing.com
Have questions before you book? Book a FREE 15 min online Services Enquiry Call
Join the Elements of Ayurveda Community!
Stay connected on the Elements Instagram and Facebook pages.
Thanks for listening!
Discover and Understand Your Unique Mind/Body Type with this Free Introduction to Ayurveda eBook
Enter your info to receive the free eBook