Ayurvedic Postpartum Care & Breastfeeding
Oct 03, 2019
This is the 3rd episode in a 3 part series on Ayurveda and Pregnancy. Episode #95 covered preconception and preplanning for pregnancy. Episode #97 covered the Ayurvedic diet and lifestyle during pregnancy. In this episode Vaiyda Meenakshi and Colette discuss postpartum care and breastfeed and cover the following topics:
- The doshas aggravated during childbirth.
- The three phases of postpartum care.
- The benefits of warm oil massages.
- Herbal bath and poultice recipes to prevent infections and to soothe the body after birth.
- Tips on pacifying the doshas and preventing postpartum disorders.
- How to rejuvenate the body after birth.
- The best foods to eat during postpartum stage.
- Natural ways to promote and purify the breastmilk.
- Lifestyle, exercise and mindfulness tips during postpartum stage.
Visit Vaidya Meenakshi’s website ayurroots.com to find out more information on her offerings.
Discover and Understand Your Unique Mind/Body Type with this Free Introduction to Ayurveda eBook
Enter your info to receive the free eBook