Addiction, The Vagus Nerve & Ayurveda
Aug 01, 2019
Episode #91 Ayurvedic Doctor Victor Briere discusses his research into addiction and the vagus nerve. He explains how Ayurveda and Yoga can bring the body into the rest and digest mode or the parasympathetic mode and in turn restore balance to the body and mind. We discuss the following:
- How does imbalance or dis-ease begin in the body/mind.
- What are the biggest factors in the cause of addiction.
- What is the vagus nerve and it’s role in the body.
- What is the fight, flight, freeze and immobilisation response and how is it connected with addiction.
- What is the parasympathetic nervous system.
- How does Ayurveda treat addiction.
- Case studies and simple tips to help restore wellbeing.
Click here to access the free Pranayama breath work tutorial
You can connect with Victor and the team at Pacific Coast Ayurveda by: phone 707-225-8844
Center for Applied Consciousness
Thanks for listening!
Discover and Understand Your Unique Mind/Body Type with this Free Introduction to Ayurveda eBook
Enter your info to receive the free eBook