A Conversation with Alakananda Ma
Feb 21, 2019
Episode #68 Colette chats with Alakananda Ma, a renowned Ayurvedic expert. Alakananda has a fascinating and adventurous life story which Colette delves into. Today, Alakananda is President of the National Ayurvedic Medical Association (NAMA) and she’s leading the way for Ayurveda to be recognised as a viable profession and to ensure the future success of Ayurvedic medicine.
Colette and Alakananda Ma discuss the following:
- Alakananda’s journey from graduating as a physician to entering a closed convent.
- Following her intuition and travelling to India.
- Meeting Raghudas Maharaj, the hidden master who became her guru.
- Becoming one of the first graduates of Western medicine to take up studying Ayurveda with Dr. Vasant Lad.
- Alakananda’s adventures during her five year pilgrimage in India.
- Her Guru’s message to go to America and make an ashram.
- The journey to founding Alandi Ayurveda Clinic and Alandi Ayurveda Gurukula in Boulder, Colorado.
- Alakananda’s mission ‘to awaken hearts and kindle the flame of love’.
- Her role as President of NAMA and securing the future of Ayurveda in the U.S. and worldwide.
Donate to the NAMA accreditation council here.
Click here to find more info on Alakananda Ma, her books and the Alandi Ayurveda Clinic and Alandi Ayurveda Gurukula.
Discover and Understand Your Unique Mind/Body Type with this Free Introduction to Ayurveda eBook
Enter your info to receive the free eBook