Ayurvedic Psychology with Kathryn Templeton
Mar 15, 2018
Episode #19 Kathryn Templeton combines her 30 years of experience as a psychotherapist with the sister sciences of Yoga and Ayurveda. She explains Ayurvedic Psychology and how we are not our dosha tendencies i.e. we are not our stress or our trauma. We discuss the following:
- Kathryn’s introduction to Ayurveda was a byproduct of her own bereavement issues.
- The importance of the simple but effective practice of pranayama or breath work.
- How Ayurveda impacts Kathryn’s life personally and professionally and how she uses her direct personal experience in her professional practice.
- Combining the sister sciences of Yoga and Ayurveda with western psychology.
- An explanation of manas prakriti or mental constitution and an insight into the mental qualities of Sattva, Rajas and Tamas.
- How each dosha reacts differently to a stress response.
- Self-care practices to manage stress.
- Kathryn’s new Yoga International 3WT Core Concepts program which includes the 3 Wisdom Traditions of Yoga, Ayurveda and Psychology.
Click the link below for more info on Kathryn’s 3WT program with Yoga International.
For more info on the Ayurvedic Yoga Specialist course and the Ayurvedic Health Counselor course, click on the link below.
Here’s the link to Kathryn’s own website KathrynTempleton.com
Are you interested in learning more about dinacharya or daily self-care practices? Check out my online 4 week self guided course…
Daily Habits for Holistic Health Course
Thank you for listening!
Discover and Understand Your Unique Mind/Body Type with this Free Introduction to Ayurveda eBook
Enter your info to receive the free eBook