Ayurveda vs. Conventional Treatment Research in Knee Osteoarthritis
Jun 07, 2018
Episode #31 Colette chats with Dr. Christian Kessler, a consultant physician and research coordinator, specialising in internal medicine and complementary medicine at the Charité Medical University Clinic for Complimentary Medicine and The Immanuel Hospital Berlin, Germany. They chat about the following:
- Dr. Kessler’s studies in the effectiveness of Ayurveda on chronic diseases and Masters in Indology.
- The goal to scientifically and socially advance Traditional Indian Medicine in Germany and Europe.
- The exciting research study that was recently published in PubMed. This research aimed to evaluate the effectiveness of Ayurvedic treatment compared to conventional conservative care for knee osteoarthritis patients.
- The methods used to apply this research.
- Dr. Kessler’s view that Ayurveda is not just a tool but a toolbox and a personalised multi-modality approach that can benefit Western medicine.
- The challenges with researching a multi-modality health system like Ayurveda.
- The importance of actively involving patients in their own healing process.
- The long-term benefits of educating patients and empowering them to take charge of their own health.
Please click on the link below to access the PubMed report and a detailed pdf of the research.
PubMed – Effectiveness of an Ayurveda Treatment Approach in Knee OA
Osteoarthritis Research Society International PDF
Want some further info on Colette’s offerings…please click on the link below…
Elements Healing and Wellbeing Online Services
To post an iTunes review, click on the link below – choose ‘View in iTunes’ – click on tab ‘Ratings and Reviews.’ Thanks in advance!
Elements of Ayurveda in iTunes
Thanks for listening!
Discover and Understand Your Unique Mind/Body Type with this Free Introduction to Ayurveda eBook
Enter your info to receive the free eBook