Ayurveda, Anxiety and Depression
Jun 13, 2019
Episode #84 Madison Madden is an Ayurvedic Doctor who partook in a panel presentation at the NAMA conference on Integrative Management of Anxiety & Depression. Madison’s focus was on the connections between Ayurveda and modern science as it relates to anxiety and depression and this is what we discuss in this episode. We cover the following topics:
- Madison’s definition of anxiety and depression.
- What is the Hypothalamus-Pituitary-Adrenal axis and how does it relate to our stress response system.
- How is this axis connected to our gut microbiome.
- How do the ancient science of Ayurveda and modern science connect on this subject.
- How does Ayurveda treat anxiety and depression.
- Madison shares an amazing case study which shows the transformative power of Ayurveda.
- What’s the importance of creating purpose and connection in our lives.
Find out more about Madison and her offerings on Pacific Coast Ayurveda.
Discover and Understand Your Unique Mind/Body Type with this Free Introduction to Ayurveda eBook
Enter your info to receive the free eBook